This course is for Art Directors working in high-volume e-commerce photo studios responsible for making the final selections of images sent from the photography team. This course walks students through the process of reviewing, approving, rejecting, and proving feedback on images in Creative Force as well as how to use Creative Force to manage all assets as they move through the creative production workflow.
Art Directors are tasked with developing and maintaining the artist direction and standards of their studio. In Creative Force, this means reviewing the assets produced by the photography team and selecting which of those assets should move on to the post-production step of the creative production process. In high-volume studios, this means reviewing and managing hundreds of assets. That’s a big responsibility.
In addition, the Art Director's job is a source of potential bottlenecks in the creative process. The risk of bottlenecks becomes even more real when Art Directors are asked to use a suite of tools that were not designed for the efficient review of hundreds or thousands of images. In studios around the world not using Creative Force, Art Directors are forced to deal with:
- Downloading and uploading images from an FTP or cloud-service which involves navigating a labyrinth of disorganized folders
- Lack of access to reference images and style guides to help ensure they are following up-to-date style guidelines
- A lack of clarity about what images still need to be reviewed
- A lack of transparency about what stage of the approval process an image is in
- An inability to provide clear feedback on images that they reject and need to send back to post-production
- Only being able to review images when logged into their local network
- Not having a single place to view all the assets that are being produced by their photography teams
All of the above adds unnecessary frustration to a role that already requires carrying a heavy workload and big responsibility.
That’s why we designed our image review and selection tools to relieve Art Directors of these pain points.
In this course, we will dive deep into the features that drive the Final Selection process and Asset Management in Creative Force. This will include learning how to:
- Navigate the Final Selection Kanban board
- Pick a task to work on
- Navigate the film strip view
- Use star ratings
- View multiple selections at once
- View the associated style guide to ensure brand consistency
- Make selections
- Execute cropping in final selection
- Provide post-production instructions
- Reject images and proving instructions on how to fix identified errors
- Use our asset management tool to view and filter all created assets
At the end of it all, you’ll receive a shiny new Creative Force for Art Directors certificate you can share on LinkedIn to let the world know you are certified in Creative Force for Art Directors and a master of “Flow Production.”